Friday, September 18

Works on Paper September 2026

 After my working season in front of the easel ended, as mentioned in last blogpost, I have only been playing with some ideas for the canvas activity next year. Using thick brown paper in different formats (40x50) and (50x60) or even A4, is a way to develop motives and combinations of colors without spending to much money on material.

My first paperwork in September was connected to the wife of our late King Harald, Queen Sonja.

When thousands of people put flowers on the Royal Castle Square in the respect of the late king, I decided to make a bucket of tulips to Queen Sonja 



"Til Dronning Sonja"

Then I started to play and simultaneously read about Einstein´s Theory of Reality and the Laws of Thermodynamics which are really connected to how an artist is transforming inner Energy through Time of Works to a Material result.


"Alt er relativt"

Then I made some paper paintings in different styles and color 


"One night stand"

Neo expressionism or maybe naive expressions combined with cubistic and surrealistic style


"Blomster-Tor"


"Lillith eller Uggeluggelugge"


"Son man reder - så ligger man"


"Puselusen"

Juan Miró is also one of my mentors through his books and my self studying process, and as Picasso once said "I always steel ideas from the best" I will never forget the visit to Miró Foundation in Barcelona.

Sometimes old photos are popping up when I open my iPhone in the morning. One day in September I got a photo of my youngest grandchild playing violin for fun. Result: an idea of a sketch 


"Høsten"

The landscapes in Norway have always intrigued me, so I often try to copy memories into paintings


"Nok et fjordlandskap"

Another landscape can be found when walking in the area around Oslo, and this is how I remember Maridalsvannet seen from the bus stop at Hammeren

"Ved Maridalsvannet"

Natural portraits are almost impossible to create if it should be a replacement of a photo. I therefore try to make a Andy Warhol or pop-up-image of my wife when she was struggling with chilly weather ans hard wind at 1100 meter above sea level 


"Det er kjølig i fjellet"

And now it is time to say goodbye to the year 2026 presentation of my painting activity in this blog. Hopefully some of my friends will find out that I have improved this year compared with previous standards, and do not hesitate to give me feedback in the comment-section at the end of this blogpost.











No comments: