Thursday, October 27

Why I gave my kidney to a stranger

I am receiver of a donated kidney (and a heart) and I know that the family of a dead person has given me a "Gift for Life". I have so far been able to extend my life-time with more than 13 years by these gifts.
It is also possible for persons to donate one of their kidneys (you know we have two) when they still are alive.
This story from the Guardian tells you some of
why the donator Luc Delauzun gave his kidney to a stranger

Luc Delauzun …'When I told my parents they were shocked. Now they are very proud'.
I am proud of you too, and we are many others that can thank persons like you for their lives.
Life is Great

1 comment:

Rune Eide said...

As a receiver you should know all about it - and so do I (but not as you do). Hats off for this one.