Sunday, July 27

A year has gone - (Warning for strong photos)

12 months ago I was fatal sick and hospitalized with the diagnosis MRSA Necrotizing Fasciitis.

I was in coma when admitted to the hospital, and stayed in an Induced Coma  for 10 days while the doctors and nurses at UiO Rikshospitalet worked with my left leg and developed an antibiotic cocktail that could work in cooperation with the medicine for immuno-supression necessary for my replaced organs after heart and kidney transplantation 16 years ago.
A complicated medical case.
The leg did not look extremely nice when they woke me up after ten days.
but today, twelve month later the same leg has this shape
According to the doctors it is" an interesting leg".

After 9 weeks at Rikshospitalet, 10 weeks at Sunnaas Hospital followed up with 10 weeks good treatment at my Primary Care Doctor, a strong treatment regime at home in five months, has given me a stable and acceptable foot. The leg will never return to the old status prior to the infection, but I can walk, drive my car (automatic) and enjoy the life of traveling, touring and being a grandfather to five.

Somethimes it is vital to thank the health system we have in Norway. We had some problems and extreme challenges a year ago, but all the people being involved in the treatment during the last year deserve hugs and thousand thanks. They are doing their job with Quality, but in addition to their professional competence I have experienced Performance higher than Expected and that is what we call Customer Delight. 

Q = P/E > 1 


2 comments:

Anne said...

Å jøjje miiiin Arne, men noen kan heldigvis jobben sin <3

Rune Eide said...

"Interesting" var ordet. Nok et eksempel på at MRSA ikke er å spøke med, men du har nok en gang vist at ukrutt ikke forgår så lett :-)