Thursday, July 5

Evenings at Skansen in Ålesund and Skansen (The Fortress) in Oslo


In the middle of the old Jugend city Ålesund there is a square called "Skansen" (Saint Olav´s square). The impressive old sea house from 1907 Rønnebergbua is well known, and I have for some time had plans for making this painting. Hope you like the painting "Skansen".


In my second city, Oslo, the "Akershus Fortress" is much older. We believe that the work with the castle started late 1290s. The fortress was first used in a battle in 1308. Here you may read more about the history of Akershus Festning

On the walls around the castle we have a great view of the inner Oslofjord called "Pibervigen" and the new city on the western shore called "Aker Brygge".
This painting I have called Summer evening at the Fortress.

This painting is also the beginning of a new paintig style (may be) by me. Some new paintings will be presented in my next blogpost.

No comments: