Friday, November 21

Picasso / Manet and Munch

This morning I have two catalogues on my desk. The first in French from Museum d´Orsay in Paris last week, and the second covering the Edvard Munch Exhibition at Kaare Berntsen here in Oslo.
The Kaare Berntsen Gallery will from November 22nd, host the sale of four E.Munch paintings from the Epstein Family Collection. Of course we will visit the vernissage.Munch once said:
"Art is the opposite of nature - I do not paint from nature, but I take from its bountiful platter".
May be I can copy that.

3 comments:

Rune Eide said...

Da gleder vi oss til å se fremvisningen av din nyinnkjøpte Munch!

Maria Verivaki said...

the colours in the last art work are a little too bright for me, but i can imagine this piece lifting the spirits on a winter's day
do you find that you need different art work on your walls in diffirent weather?? this one wouldnt work so well in a mediterranean summer...

Torsdag 1952 said...

Hallo Rune,
1.
good to see that you wrote the first SWF-comment this week.
2.
I would like to visit the Munch-vernisage too.
3.
the two reasons why I buy a painting
- I feel good when I look at it
- I don't want to feel other people this way
--- that meens pure egoism, so I hope people visitng the vernissage don't feel that way and people buying the paintings will share this wonderful art with the general pubilc sometimes.

Have a nice weekend and exiting vernisage at "Berntsen"

Hilser
Hartmut