Thursday, November 4

Big Brother monitoring ordinary Norwegians?

Almost straight across the street where some retired Norwegian secret service police officers and ex-military personnel (on behalf of USA) had a secret nest for monitoring life and attitude of other Norwegian citizens (according to Norwegian TV2), you may find this beautiful sculpture by Auguste Rodin from 1902. Today you can go and see the beauty without being afraid of the watchdogs. The nest has moved somewhere else or is closed. The square outside the US Embassy is on the other side of the nest with view towards Parkveien / Henrik Ibsensgt. In March 2008 I stayed a long time (a litle longer than normal) in this area waiting for some friends arriving by train at Nationaltheatret Railway Station. I took this photo of the embassy while waiting, but did the monitoring system from the window on the other side find it suspect and registered me in their system?
I don´t know, and as long as I have a good conscience I have nothing to be afraid of either. And as long as at least one of these guys visited USA and New York earlier this autumn, I can take it as a small evidence of not being interested for the secret service.
Maybe this blogpost will make everything upside down. What Big Brother is monitoring on digital media we still do not know.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Ja så og hhørte du debatten i går...

Rune Eide said...

In all other circumstances this would be called spying - we don't dare.

PS Now I may never be allowed in again...