Tomorrow, Monday Jan 4th 2010 at 5:00 pm, Inauguration of the world´s tallest building, Burj Dubai, will take place.
At over 800 metres (828m/2716,5ft) and more than 160 stories, Burj Dubai holds the following records:
• Tallest building in the world
• Tallest free-standing structure in the world
• Highest number of stories in the world
• Highest occupied floor in the world
• Highest outdoor observation deck in the world
• Elevator with the longest travel distance in the world
• Tallest service elevator in the world
Not only is Burj Dubai the world’s tallest building, it has also broken two other impressive records: tallest structure, previously held by the KVLY-TV mast in Blanchard, North Dakota, and tallest free-standing structure, previously held by Toronto’s CN Tower.
We have previously visited Jin Mao Tower 420,5 m in Shanghai and Petronas Towers 452 m in Kuala Lumpur, and if we return to Dubai, we know where to go.15 years ago when visiting Dubai on the way to Al Bustan Palace Muscat, Oman, I took these photos. The above is from the beach in front of the new skyline photo with none of the new buildings showing towards the sky. I hope however that the lunch at the Hilton Beach Club still can be recommended.
Paal, Olga, Maianna, Gunilla, Marian, Tullen and myself enjoyed the warm day at the club, and I send all my best NEWyear greetings to friends working in Bur Juman Office Building.For more Dubai Skyscrapers go to the diagram site