Wednesday, August 20

ABC Wednesday - Edelweisspitze

As a continuation of yesterday post regarding my visit to the Alps in Austria, I want to show some of the photos taken from Hochalpenstrasse.
The highest point on the High Apline Road has a spectacular panorama view of more than 30 peaks above 3000 m. Find the 360gr Panoramas on the link (right sidebar) and enjoy the spectacular mountaind

E is for Edelweiss spitze 2571m

In the background you can see, from right: Johannisberg 3460m, Sonnenwelleck 3261m and Austria´s highest summit Grossglockner 3798m. To the north and on the other side of the valley from where we climbed by bus, you may see Grosses Wiesbachhorn 3564m. The panorama view east and south shows Brennkogel 3018m and Kloben 2936m. To west we have the tunnel through Hochtor 2503m and to the north Hohe Dock 3348mIf you don´t want to go back to my Tuesday post I show you Grossglockner once more

17 comments:

CaBaCuRl said...

WOW....what amazing mountains...breath-taking for sure.

Rune Eide said...

Imponerende fjell - vi har godt av å vite at det finnes andre (og høyere) enn våre egne.

mrsnesbitt said...

Another amazing journry!Great stuff Arnea!

Anonymous said...

I was looking for a flower but mountains are a good choice for this week.
Thanks.

FO - 2 said...

God onsdag til deg du bereiste herre. Flotte bilder fra ett storslått landskap! :)
Ønsker deg en like flott dag!

naturglede/Randi Lind said...

Herlige bilder av et veldig vakkert område. Ha en fin dag med ABC.

magiceye said...

love those mountains!


Check out my Engine here

D Herrod said...

Pretty. TY for visiting my blog.

AphotoAday said...

That looks like quite a road...
Must have been a great trip...

Bear Naked said...

What an Exciting and Educational journey you had.
Your photos of the mountains are Exquiste.

Bear((( )))

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

Those mountains are amazing but then you have amzing ones in Norway too.

Catherine said...

Gorgeous & breathtaking! And Beautifully captured & shared~Thanks! :)
I love that last shot..the sky & mountains ~so gorgeous!
Hope you are having a beautiful week Arne!
Cat

Leslie: said...

Breath-taking shots! Glad you ENJOYED your trip. :D Come over to see my post on Education. :D

Bear Naked said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. As to your question:
"Are Indian and Thai elephants equal and called Asians, or do you mean Indian through Asian"
I (and this is only my personal opinion) would call both East Indian and Thai elephants Asian.
Will have to do further research on this.

Bear((( )))

Unknown said...

Ja de var meget flotte disse fjellene også, men det skal vel litt til å slå våres. ;-)

Flotte bilder og fin informasjon Arne.

photowannabe said...

My dream is to visit there someday. Great pictures and perfect choice for the letter E.

me ann my camera said...

Spectacular! Great photos.