Tuesday, May 5

My world Tuesday - Mongolia

Getting new visitors to my blog and knowing from where in the world they come from, is one of the reason why I use the Flag Counter. In less than a year persons from 128 countries in one way or another have found my world through my blog and hopefully read my posts with interest.
My newest flag on the list is Mongolia
During the collapse of the Qing Dynasty in 1911, Mongolia declared independence, but had to struggle until 1921 to firmly establish de-facto independence, and until 1945 to gain international recognition.
Mongolia was a strong force and great Empire in the late twelfth century.
The largest contiguous empire in world history, The Mongol Empire, was formed by Gengis Khan and his successor Kublai Khan.
If you follow the links above you will learn more of this interesting country and its people´s heroic history.
Welcome to my world you visitor from your country far east, and if you and all other visitors want more presentations of blogger´s worlds, please go HERE.

10 comments:

ANNA-LYS said...

This was very educative, thank You for sharing Your knowledge!!!!

(( kram ))

Anne said...

Interessant. Og nå følte jeg plutselig så for å ha deg her for å redgjøre for en meget interessant studie som er gjort på dette folkeslag, monglene, og utvikling av diabetes!!!

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

Wow! 128 countries, how cool is that!

Mary Elizabeth said...

Amazing indeed. Thanks for sharing!
Mary Elizabeth @ Now and Then

Jane Hards Photography said...

I found this so interesting as I too had a visitor from Mongolia a country that is endlessly fascinating. We know so little of it's present but a lot of it's past.

david mcmahon said...

I actually have a good friend who lives there!

betty-NZ said...

Thanks for the history lesson! Will definitely click the links to learn more!

SandyCarlson said...

They sure knew about art as much as they did about empire.

antigoni said...

Very interesting post! I knew some things about Mongolia but your post is excellent.

Regina said...

This is a good post. I like history.


http://reginamyfavorite.blogspot.com