Wednesday, December 9

Altitude difference = 180 m

From snow and chilly weather at lake "Sognsvann" to the Birch forest at Bygdøy.
I may have done my last walking around Sognsvann this year. The trails have not improved since last time I visited that area, rather the opposite, more snow and ice. Due to heavy rain we had expected snow-free paths, but at the altitude of 180 m the precipitation comes down as soft snow freezing on the ground. A man we met in our walking-trial today had a clear message: "I have to buy "Ice thorns" for my shoes. Consider that before approaching".
We turned around and took the car down to sea level, and will for the time being and the coming weeks, walk around Bygdøy peninsula, where the white bark at the trees remind us of the Norwegian painter Erling Enger

5 comments:

Anne said...

Tror ikke jeg ser skogen av bare trær jeg!!

9na said...

Det er det som er så flott i Oslo, man kan velge... Mildt ved sjøen eller surt i høyden...

ANNA-LYS said...

Snemannen i egen hög person ;-)

Anonymous said...

I want not agree on it. I think nice post. Expressly the designation attracted me to review the whole story.

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.