Wednesday, April 2

ABC Wednesday - K

I believe it is almost required that I start this ABC Wednesday - K with Tx-Renis or better understood as Kidney transplantation. Photos of my new kidney and the names behind the donation are not obtainable so just accept that
K is for my Kidney and Heart donator.

Since I probably have presented the Kaisergebirge in a previous post, I here give you the city to stay in when visiting the Tirol area in Austria.
K is for Kitzbühel.

On the same journey we visited Prague, and the Cafe Franz Kafka. You will of course know Kafka´s novel Der Prozess (the Trial) about the character named Josef K., who awakens one morning and, for reasons never revealed, is arrested and prosecuted for an unspecified crime.
K is for Kafka, Josef K. and Kinsky Palace (to the right behind my wife) where Kafka attended gymnasium and where his father later owned a shop.Last May Tullen and I visited the Capital of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur. The photo is taken from KL Tower and shows the area around our hotel.
K is for KLWhen I was growing up almost (more than?) half a century ago, my mother´s most frequented site looked almost like the next photo (taken at Oslo City Museum)
K is for KitchenAt least once a year my wife and I dress up in our National Costumes. My wife is this 17th of Mai wearing my youngest daughter´s "bunad" from Oslo (she has also one from my native district) and I am carrying the male Bunad from Sunmøre.
K is for KnickersThe music of today is one of the most famous Norwegian ballads - Ballad of Revolt, dedicated to "Heimefrontens store og små kjempere" Milorg or the national resistance in Norway during the 2nd WW
K is for Kjæmpeviseslåtten av Harald Sæverud.
Listen to the difficult piano ballad here on YouTube accompanied by photos from Norway. (My wife used to play the piece of music early in the morning with the purpose to wake me up.)





My paintings this week are "Kama Sutra" and "Kvinna og Dyret" made in 2002 (acryllic on paper)

K
is for Kitsh

For more ABC Wednesday = K
go to Mrs.Mesbitts Place and see them through comments to her Blog.

30 comments:

Lynette said...

What a wonderful bunch of K's for your ABC Wednesday post. Nice, nice job.

Katney said...

You have a great collection of Ks here.

Leslie: said...

You've been busy with "K" words this week. Thanks for a wonderful collection of photos (and original paintings!) Nicely done! (see why I nominated you for the excellent blog award?)

Rune Eide said...

There are not many K's in English - I think you must have covered most of them! But not mine...

PS You even got a T ;-)

mrsnesbitt said...

Wow! What a fantastic post Arnea!
Loved the national costumes. So important we remember our heritage...sometimes I feel we are losing identity here in UK. So glad we are in a rural area!

Dx

Anonymous said...

En spennende, internasjonal og vakker samling K`er hos deg i dag.
"Kam a Sutra" er ett flott bilde. Liker fargene, formene og temaet. ;)
Jeg har ikke postet i dag. Nettverket her er så tregt. Må kanskje ringe BKK og klage etterhvert....
Får ikke logget inn en gang. Jaja. Det ordner seg vel.
Fin uke videre til deg.
Mvh. Ida.

Anne-Berit said...

You have lots of good Ks today.You looked great in your National Costumes:o)

Anonymous said...

What an excellent kaleidoscope of K's!

HildeS/Frøken Fryd said...

Every wednesday a new story from you.
You and your wife look great in "bunad".
Lovely paintings too:)

Randi said...

Mange vakre K er hos deg. Jeg slet med å komme på noe kreativt..men det ble ikke denne onsdagen.
Likte godt din første K..:)

Ha en strålende fin dag..med eller uten nikkers.

Gordon said...

Arne, once again you have presented lots of nice photos and interesting information. A great post.

Silly Goose said...

You always come up with so many examples, even for the letter K. ;-)My K post is at
http://catch-a-falling-star24.blogspot.com/

Pernille said...

Just a fantastic collection og K's! They are all fasinated but the photo with your wife and you are just wonderful. I love you Nasjonale costumes.

Er det Oslodrakten din kone har på seg? Nydelig! Og hvor kommer din fra? Gu så vakker dere er på det bildet!
Vakre malerier også:)

Have a fun Abc-Wednesday

Pernille said...

Beklager Arne! Jeg så no at du bar bunad fra Sunmøre og hennes fra Oslo. Kanskje jeg leser litt fort og stresser på slike dager. nei, no får jeg skjærpe meg! Men noe fikk jeg da med meg. Men dere er så vakker i deres bunader.

Nessa said...

My mom is from Oberalm in Austria. She worked in Kitzbuhel as a teenager.

I love your wife's dress.

Unknown said...

What an excellent collection of K's! This is great! Well done.

Anonymous said...

Great K's. Like the one with the Knickers best. Your "bunad" looks very nice. :)

Andrea said...

Wow, you are full of "K's" and I had to struggle to find a "K" and then it popped up right before my eyes.

DeeMom said...

Many remarkable “K’s” great pictures and information as well

Petunia said...

å, det er så velsignet herlig når det er direkte link til innlegget og man slipper gjennom øreten profiler og må velge riktig blogg. Det gjør man jo ikke på første forsøket!
Som vanlig et innholdsrik innlegg fra deg.Jeg synes menn i bunad er tøft! Men du har sikkert oppdaget at jeg ikke er den eneste som synes det;)

Paulie said...

Somehow I just knew your KIDNEY transplant would be first on your list and rightly so! Great collection for K also.

david mcmahon said...

Great shot of both of you in national costume - and your paintings continues to astound me.

Bravo!!

Berit T said...

Kjempeflotte K` er du viser, byer steder, kunst men toppen er karen i bunad! Menn i bunad er SÅ flott, det skulle vært en plikt på nasjonaldagen.
Ha en fin kveld.

Mrs Mac said...

WOW lots of K's! And I had trouble thinking of ONE!!

Sharon said...

What a wonderful assortment of Ks. I loved the picture with the National Costumes.

Neva said...

I had trouble with one and you have so many!!! Love them all....

AVCr8teur said...

Congratulations on your new kidney. :) I had a chance to visit the KL Tower back in 2002.

kRiZcPEc said...

love all the Ks here, thanks for sharing.

Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

You have lots of "K" for your post. I am glad you switched to English for your blog as my norwegian is limited to the name of your country on a postage stamp.
I think people in English speaking countries are lazy about speaking other languages.

kml said...

Wow - what a great collection of K's!